Thursday, October 31, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 13, Halloween!!!

Bert and Mary Poppins



Feed the birds...

Halloween is not an exception from this 30 Day Challenge. I am so excited that not only mine, but my husband's costume is from our closet! The only thing I needed to purchase was the black felt for the hat. (Craft materials are within the rules). Two costumes for $3 is a good deal! I think we look pretty cute! Sometimes it is nice to have a classy Halloween costume.

Key Pieces:

Mary Poppins:

  • Shirt: J. Crew 2012
  • Skirt: Zara, very old
  • Shoes: Steve Madden 2011
  • Bow tie: made from ribbon with safety pin
  • Hat: made from felt with hydrangea from my back yard
  • Pigeon: usually used as our Christmas tree topper (yea that's right)
  • Gloves: from costumes of years past
Bert:
  • Chimney Sweep: made from curtain rod and leftover felt from Mary's hat
  • Vest: Hollander & Lexer
  • Shirt: Scotch and Soda
  • Pants: Calvin Klein
  • Hat: H&M
  • Shoes: G.H. Bass

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting all day for this post. I think the creative juices are flowing!!! Have fun. I expect to see video of the two of you singing and dancing down the streets of NY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it!!! You both look very authentic. We are waiting for the singing video also!!! Happy Halloween Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mary Poppins and Bert!!! You had that bird in your closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Poppins is my favorite!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was definitely no singing lol!

    ReplyDelete